R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question....my GSA Rallye would be coming with the smaller windscreen, hows the wind buffeting on the highways with it? Would I need a larger normal windscreen for the highways?

·
Registered
376 Posts
I would assume that if your taking her on the highway more than off road you will in fact need a larger screen. This is an assumption since I can only speak on my bike a 2017 GSA and its stock windscreen is awesome but I can not imagine a smaller one. I think if it were smaller I would be looking for a larger one.

·
'05 R 1200 Gs
558 Posts
Windstrom makes a top mount extension deflector accessory. I have one on my bike. All the difference in the world. I am tall in the seat and it knocks the wind right over my head. Quick snap on snap off. Best of both riding conditions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got a 2018 GS Rallye a week ago and have about 300 miles on it. I will definitely be replacing the windscreen. I have a Husqvarna for my main off road bike so the GS will be seeing mostly road and gravel roads. My main concern is the noise. I'm a professional musician so I'm always concerned with my hearing. Although I always wear earplugs I can still hear too much wind noise with the stock screen. If I lower my head a few inches it gets pretty quiet. I'll see if the shop will let me try an adventure screen next time I'm there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
pros and cons

My GS Rallye has the small screen. I'm 6' and there's quite a lot of wind on you at highway speeds. I would definitely prefer the standard GS screen (not the bigger adventure one).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts