R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding buddies and I have rented GSs to ride around Ireland this coming May. I'll be flying in with my own gear, does anyone have a recommendation for a good bag that can hold all the gear (helmet, jacket, pants, boots, gloves) and be checked through the airline? I see lots of hikers using big Patagonia bags, which look like they would work, but have not seen any luggage specifically designed for motorcycle gear.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Riding buddies and I have rented GSs to ride around Ireland this coming May. I'll be flying in with my own gear, does anyone have a recommendation for a good bag that can hold all the gear (helmet, jacket, pants, boots, gloves) and be checked through the airline? I see lots of hikers using big Patagonia bags, which look like they would work, but have not seen any luggage specifically designed for motorcycle gear.

Thanks in advance!
Larry, there is a ton of motorcycle luggage from many manufacturers-Mosko-Moto, Nelson Rigg to name a few. Not sure what is most airline compliant and a big question is the luggage racks/equipment that is on the bikes you are renting. I'm sure others, more experienced than I, will chime in with favorites and tips. I myself am debating on adding a soft, waterproof, roll-top duffle-style bag or a Vario top case to the two Vario side cases already on my 1250GS for an upcoming cross-country trip. Good luck and safe travels.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Load everything in a big Hockey Bag with Wheels. Pack your helmet Very well or take it as carry on luggage. Any big nylon bag will work, but the wheeled bags are nice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts