R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past few weeks the red triangle warning light comes on when I start the engine on my 2012 R1200GS. It goes off within a couple seconds and doesn't reappear until the next time I start the engine. There are no other accompanying symbols. Doesn't matter if the engine is hot or cold. Battery is newish and has plenty of charge. Oil fresh and at the correct level. Brakes flushed recently. No trouble codes when I connect the OBD. Bike runs great and everything seems to be working fine.

I've read the posting about this. Despite trying a few things its still there. Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's a very important warning light and the system lets you know it's working if ever a warning is necessary during your current ride. If it doesn't show on startup get it fixed pronto......

·
Super Moderator
766 Posts
A 2012 with 9784 miles? It is a warning it needs exercise and needs more miles put on.
;) 👍

Agree it sounds normal. If not you should pull codes up with your OBD reader.

·
'05 R 1200 Gs
682 Posts
Isn't that the brake warning signal? Your photo is blurry but seems to read " brake failure". Normal on my 05. As soon as the bike rolls the abs sensors get tuned and light extinguishes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts