R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moved from Savannah ga to Kansas about a week ago. I’ve traveled plenty on my ultra so I wanted to take the beemer. Aside from getting used to the seat the bike did great and I enjoyed it! Great bike. Looking forward to crawling all over Kansas and working on my off road skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
There is some fun gravel riding around Fort Riley. I really enjoy the scenery in that area. I use to do a lot of quail hunting on a ranch about 10 miles south east of the fort.

On a nice day take a trip to Pillsbury Crossing. Map On warm days the place can be busy with college kids having fun in the water and sun.

You might consider joining the Flint Hills Stampede if you want to a guided tour. They do it in the spring every year. You can find more information here: Stampede

Drop me a message with your email address. We can possibly get together in the future for a ride.

·
Registered
2008 R1200GS
62 Posts
Fort Riley?? Spent 3 years there in 1980's while on active duty in Military Intelligence Corps.
All we did was go "Camping" every other week in the Field, REFORGER's, CPXs, FTXs, Etc via "Army Style".

We're Glad We're NOT in Kansas Anymore Toto...LOL. :cool:

Kent in Phoenix, AZ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts