R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2019 R1250 GSA
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always ride one up (no passenger) and I am wondering is there any benefit to keep the passenger pegs on? Do they offer protection to the side cases in any way? Or do I save one pound of weight by removing them?

·
Survivor
943 Posts
No harm in removing them as they perform no useful function except as a place to rest feet. The space can be used to mount a hydration system or PegPacker fuel cans.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I thought about removing mine as well. They do provide some tip over protection. The main reason I'm leaving them on is if a fellow riding buddy has a mechanical, I can take a passenger back to civilization.

·
Registered
2017 White GSA
1,573 Posts
I replaced the passenger seat with an Altrider luggage rack and at the same time removed the passenger pegs. No need for them so why not.

·
Registered
429 Posts
After thinking about it. I just removed mine. I think they were T35 bolts. Then I made up the space difference with a flat washer and a lock washer. Took about 10 minutes and it will save a couple of pounds as well.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I saw a bike fail it's MOT (annual safety check in the UK) for not having rear pegs but still having a pillion seat. Not sure if the US has the same safety tests or requirements.

Reactions: Southpaw
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.