R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Remus full exhaust system (header & muffler) in steel (NOT titanium). Used on a 2017 GSA for one season before selling the bike. Paid $1700 new for the set. Perfect condition. Header has been painted satin black with Cerakote high-temp (1800 degree) paint (better than powder coat for high-temp). Was going to use on my new R1250GSA but just realized they won't fit the new bike :-/
This system sounds better (in my opinion) than the Akrapovic. The power it adds across the entire RPM range is incredible and really wakes the R1200 up.
I'm attaching the couple of pictures I have of the set up but can take a couple more photos up close if interested.
Asking $950 + Shipping (which I feel is a steal given that it's basically new)
PM if interested.

(Located in Salt Lake City but will ship for appropriate shipping fees)

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
oh wait, why it won't fit R1250GSA?
I've a R1250GSA and I was almost about to PM you.
I wouldn't mind taking the slip ons if you wanna split and sell

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told by the local BMW dealer before I even sold my old GSA “yeah you’d better just keep that pipe and throw it on the new one— nothing has changed with fitment”.
So I Bought it back from the guy I sold the bike to. Lovely.
The header has a 2-bolt pattern on the old GSA. The 1250 has a 3-bolt pipe fitment.

I honestly don’t think the slip-on would even fit to be honest. I think the bracket position isn’t correct because of the different positioning of where the header is. I could be wrong but it didn’t look to me like it lined-up when I glanced at it.
If you look it up and it’ll work, I’m open to selling just the slip-on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry- I’ve decided not to sell just the muffler alone because I don’t think there would be anyone interested in just the header. It would leave me stuck with it.
I’d go $900 for both but I think I’ve got to keep them together.
I hate being that guy who changes his mind mid-stream but I don’t want to be stuck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you ever change your mind, I'm first inline for the remus can.
Trust me I would have loved to take the whole system but since you mentioned it won't fit a R1250

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes - you'll definitely be the first guy I reach-out to. Believe me, if my Remus fit this new bike, it would be on it right now causing neighborhood ruckus already. As I said before, it's actually a little bit intolerable as far as the mid-level raspiness (not as low-toned as the Akra) so unless you're going a certain RPM on the freeway, it's actually a little annoying. But it makes at least 10hp (possibly 15+) difference so it was worth it to me. But, this time around, I'm thinking I'll try the Akra to hopefully get a low-enough tone that it doesn't shoot that treble-y rasp into my ears that echoes through my helmet.
I really think the Remus can is sexier than the Akra as well.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts