R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was ACF50ing my 2016 R1200GS and this grommet fell off. I can't figure out where it came from, other than to say it is from somewhere on the bottom of the bike, near the centre stand, and towards the right side of the bike. That's where I was, wiping down metal parts with an ACF50ified cloth, when then dang thing fell on the ground in front of me.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all. Makes sense ... I had pulled the cover off to have a peek inside**.

**I was at one of my nearby BMW dealers and noticed all their new R1200GS and GSA bikes, 2018 models I would assume, had their batteries pre-wired for external accessory power. "How convenient" I thought, so I pulled the cover off my battery to see if my 2016 had the same. Don't know whether this was standard on the 2018 models or something that shop did.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thanks all. Makes sense ... I had pulled the cover off to have a peek inside**.

**I was at one of my nearby BMW dealers and noticed all their new R1200GS and GSA bikes, 2018 models I would assume, had their batteries pre-wired for external accessory power. "How convenient" I thought, so I pulled the cover off my battery to see if my 2016 had the same. Don't know whether this was standard on the 2018 models or something that shop did.
I bought mine at Endras in Ajax, they prewired the battery and give you a BMW smart charger when you buy a new bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also had that grommet fall out the first time I removed the battery cover. Didn't know it fell out until after I had wired up my heated vest connector and installed the cover. Then noticed the grommet on the garage floor. Yes the cover did stay in place but was a little floppy at the bottom. I noticed white grease on the top grommet and took some of the extra around it and applied to the inside of bottom grommet. I've had the cover off a few times now testing a cable to hook up my older USB GS911 (Didn't work as my GS911 is too old - so went the MotoScan route). So far the grease has worked but I'll always be aware that it could fall out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts