R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just picked up a 10 r1200gsa a couple weeks ago(salvage unit). I have been riding all bikes my whole life. Dirtbikes...Crotch rockets...Harleys and anything in between but I now found my calling. I love this bike. I love hitting the road and that gravel road and that other road no one takes and camp it out! Limitless on these things except the weight but I am a big guy and know how to handle it.

Went on my first trip(900kms) and the clutch was slipping in 5-6th gear while passing on the hiway so I limped it everywhere.

I am going to get my guy that works on bikes out back to change the clutch.

Where should I order a clutch disc from? I would assume I can find a aftermarket for cheaper?

Also the clutch centering tool?? Any good places online where I can pick all of this up??

Thanks in advance and this wont be the last you see of me!

Colin

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might try Beemer Boneyard. They sell an for $560 US, which is a whole lot less than "genuine BMW." I've never bought a clutch from Beemer Boneyard, but I have bought some other new and used parts and been pretty happy with their quality and service.
Thank you! Ordered a complete kit from them and a few other goodies. Now to get my guy to change it all before the weather gets cold!!

Colin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts