R1200GS Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Riding a 2009 R1200gs
120 Posts
did all the suggestions! it looks good but the noise is still there man. f...in sucks.
i did order the replacement ones to give it a try anyway. i'll post the result when i'm done with it.
Thanks for all of the suggestions guys.
Could it be from the brakes ?

There is an old mechanics trick to locate a noise, use a long scredriver, put it on the front wheel shaft, put your hear on the other end and turn the wheel. It acts like a stethoscope and makes it easier to locate the source of a noise.

Check the brakes the same way, put the screwdriver on each caliper.

Some says that it work better if you put the screwdriver head on you cheekbone instead of ear. Your millage may vary.

·
Registered
206 Posts
You don't happen to be running a Anakee 3 tires? They are notoriously loud. The 1st shakedown run I did on them on my 06 GS I thought the driveline was about ready to explode.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You don't happen to be running a Anakee 3 tires? They are notoriously loud. The 1st shakedown run I did on them on my 06 GS I thought the driveline was about ready to explode.
yeah man i do have brand new the Anakee 3 tires and i learned they are loud :( but this is too much to tolerate.

·
Registered
206 Posts
While I hated the noise I was committed to using the tires up as selling used tires only bring a few dollars. But as fate would have it I ended up selling that bike a few weeks back so problem resolved. My 07 GS I has a Shinko 705 on the front that is fairly quiet but I dislike this tire for other reason especially as it wears. On the 05 GS I just put on a fresh Metzler Torrance on the front to replace the almost decade old Torrance that was on the bike when I bought it a few months back.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts