R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for a 2018 1200GSA, I hate the OEM fog lights.....is there any way a better pair can be wired into the OEM Connector so that everything works as from factory....maybe a pair of DENALIS D2 OR ANYOTHER.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is for a 2018 1200GSA, I hate the OEM fog lights.....is there any way a better pair can be wired into the OEM Connector so that everything works as from factory....maybe a pair of DENALIS D2 OR ANYOTHER.
Please let me know if you decide to part with them :) I am looking for a pair just to be visible on the road.

·
Reprobate
136 Posts
The most popular amongst the GS/A crowd..

https://www.clearwaterlights.com/
Unfortunately while you can add a pair of Clearwater lights to the wetheads, they don't replace the aux lights like on my old 2012 GSA. On that bike I installed Kristas in lieu of the OEM lights using the plug and play to the original wiring, added the dimmer and was good to go. Power was supplied by the stock aux light switch, and intensity controlled by the dimmer.

That option doesn't exist on my 2018 GSA. While others rave about the WonderWheel, I'm not a fan of any menu-driven feature that requires me to take my eyes off the road for even a few seconds. The old school dimmer works for me.

Pete

1 - 4 of 4 Posts