R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody explain to me the different riding conditions that you would use minimum, high or Auto on the spring adjustment. I usually leave it on minimum for town riding so I can get my feet down, but recently went on a trip and forgot I was in the minimum position. What did I loose as far as handling by doing this.

·
Registered
493 Posts
The bike handles better with it set on auto cos it calibrates itself continuously
That being said my friend always rides it on minimum
I like auto......just feel on minimum it will bottom out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Auto should self adjust the sag for the weight of rider and luggage etc. Previously they had fixed settings - rider, rider plus luggage, rider and pillon. I usually run low and Cadillac mode (soft) suspension around town and if I want to tighten it up flick over to dynamic. Two main adjustments are spring setting and compression and rebound of shock.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
Apparently it's recommended that the suspension is adjusted from minimum and maximum every now and again to avoid it from seizing up, although you don't have to ride it in every setting. I tend to leave it in auto.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just don't accidently click MAX at a light, quiet embarrassing when it looks like the bike is about to buck you off of it... :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I always rode it around in Auto and silly me never bothered pressing enough buttons or reading the manual. 1.5 years later, yesterday, another GSA friend pointed out when he saw I wasn't flat footing my bike. :\ Felt like my whole life has now changed....I can duck walk reverse out of weird parking places now without contemplating my life decisions :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts