R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 GSA. I can only find 3 standard ride modes on my bike. Road, Rain, and Eco. My bike seems to have pretty much the rest of the premium package minus the electronic suspension adjustment. Is there a way to upgrade to Ride modes pro after purchase? Thanks in advance for dealing with a potentially dumb question.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The other ride modes are there you just need to access them. Look in your owners manual and you'll slap your head with the palm of your hand.
Thanks for the reply. I have looke in the manual and it lists ride mode pro as “OE”. In my bikes settings there is no place to select ride modes. That’s why I’m pretty sure my GSA only has the 3 basic modes.

·
Registered
1988 R100 RT, 2018 R1200 GS
91 Posts
There's chip/plug that needs to be installed. The chip/plug should be under the rider's seat. This should give you the pro modes. At least that's how it was on my 2018 GS. Look in the manual and under the seat. If not, then things changed a bit from 2018 to 2022.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The 2022's don't have the plug. If I recall correctly, the dealer activates the Pro modes at the first service (600 mile).
Don't quote me on that though.
However, the OP says he doesn't have ESA. And I THINK you need ESA for the Pro modes.

Non-ESA bikes are pretty rare on the new models but I also know that BMW has been delivering bikes recently with reduced features because of supply chain disruptions (primarily Ukraine).

In the end I think the OP should just have a chat with his dealer (and yes, read the manual).

·
Registered
59 Posts
You can select up to four at a time to cycle through while riding. For example, I have Rain, Road, Dynamic and Enduro. I believe the purpose is to offer a limited selection in order to make mode switching more efficient.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
The 2022's don't have the plug. If I recall correctly, the dealer activates the Pro modes at the first service (600 mile).
Don't quote me on that though.
However, the OP says he doesn't have ESA. And I THINK you need ESA for the Pro modes.

Non-ESA bikes are pretty rare on the new models but I also know that BMW has been delivering bikes recently with reduced features because of supply chain disruptions (primarily Ukraine).

In the end I think the OP should just have a chat with his dealer (and yes, read the manual).
This is correct
1) No plug for newer bikes
2) Pro modes is an option. If the bike was not ordered with it he wont have it. I think maybe the dealer can code them in for a price or maybe not. During the 2018 I know the hill control etc could be programmed for a price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone. I contacted the dealer. My bike does not have the ride modes option. They can upgrade with a software flash. It does require abs pro upgrade also. They quoted me $700 for the upgrades and labor costs.
I learned my lesson here. The bike has every other option under the sun. I kinda assumed the Adventure would have ride mode as standard option because it’s their top of the line GS. My mistake there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I learned my lesson here. The bike has every other option under the sun. I kinda assumed the Adventure would have ride mode as standard option because it’s their top of the line GS. My mistake there.
In any other time, you'd be safe with that assumption. However, with all the supply shortages in the past 1-2 years, all bets are off. In order to keep shipping bikes, they're shipping them without a variety of features....Dynamic ESA being a commonly omitted feature along with everything else that comes with that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts