1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Didn't bother to search coz I suk at it-
Forgive my ignorance as I just started playing with the modes
2020 GSA

Finally got some dry roads and experimented with the ride modes...little confused- I thought once the dealer installs the plug, 5 modes come up
I only see 4: Rain- road- Dynamic pro- Enduro pro

Also while in Dynamic pro- I turned traction off, I went back to road mode and the traction didn't turn on? (My understanding was that when leaving Dynamic pro the traction would default to on in rain and road??) I tried to turn traction back on while in road mode and was unsuccessful. Had to go back to Dynamic pro to turn on traction

So, when turning off traction or ABS under a "Pro" mode, does it keep it off across the board for all modes?
Or does the plug enable you to toggle traction on and off with all modes
(unfortunately I didn't go to rain mode to see if traction defaults to "on" coming from dynamic)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Didn't bother to search coz I suk at it-
Forgive my ignorance as I just started playing with the modes
2020 GSA

Finally got some dry roads and experimented with the ride modes...little confused- I thought once the dealer installs the plug, 5 modes come up
I only see 4: Rain- road- Dynamic pro- Enduro pro

Also while in Dynamic pro- I turned traction off, I went back to road mode and the traction didn't turn on? (My understanding was that when leaving Dynamic pro the traction would default to on in rain and road??) I tried to turn traction back on while in road mode and was unsuccessful. Had to go back to Dynamic pro to turn on traction

So, when turning off traction or ABS under a "Pro" mode, does it keep it off across the board for all modes?
Or does the plug enable you to toggle traction on and off with all modes
(unfortunately I didn't go to rain mode to see if traction defaults to "on" coming from dynamic)

1) Ok so after 2017.5 only 4 modes existed.....Road Rain Dynamic Pro and Enduro Pro. So you are not missing a mode.
2) If you have manually turned traction off it will remain off
Now in enduro pro you can go into setup and further play with it....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1) Ok so after 2017.5 only 4 modes existed.....Road Rain Dynamic Pro and Enduro Pro. So you are not missing a mode.
2) If you have manually turned traction off it will remain off
Now in enduro pro you can go into setup and further play with it....
Thanks
So rain mode does not default back to on
and I need to go back to a "pro mode" to turn it back on?
do I have this right?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mate if you are not going to fit a set of knobblies and mix it up in the dirt I would not worry about the pro modes. It's not until you are punching up gnarly slippery dirt hill climb or some other dodgy off road challenge that pro-mode shines!

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
I agree with Jaba 01

After many spills on my GS I switched to Karroo 3's from the stock Anakee 3's and plugged in the dongle so I could adjust the PRO mode settings to what I thought would be best.

This fall when I put the bike asleep, I removed the dongle, and went back to relying on what the expert factory riders and engineers decided was best after 1,000's of hours of testing. The GS computer and all its sensors is way smarter than me and much quicker to react and ajust power in any situation.

I will continue to use a 50-50 tire even though I probably don't need it, but I do know it will help me when I do to overcome my lack of skill and age.

brian

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Mate if you are not going to fit a set of knobblies and mix it up in the dirt I would not worry about the pro modes. It's not until you are punching up gnarly slippery dirt hill climb or some other dodgy off road challenge that pro-mode shines!

So don't bother to learn how to navigate the modes and techno wizardry- because I don't have knobbies? and don't bother to know about dynamic pro either? If I want to punch up some gnarly slippery dirt hill climb I'll use my Beta..... Take it eez.. guy

·
Registered
32 Posts
So don't bother to learn how to navigate the modes and techno wizardry- because I don't have knobbies? and don't bother to know about dynamic pro either? If I want to punch up some gnarly slippery dirt hill climb I'll use my Beta..... Take it eez.. guy
Didn't mean to upset you. You will find that the pro options are mainly calibrated for a knobbly style tyre. I found that the basic enduro mode is pretty good even with Bridgestone ax41s fitted. It looks after my lack of talent when things get a bit out of hand. The pro mode opens up a lot of options but I found it easier just to work within the boundaries of the standard modes which do a very good job. Unless you are going to have it doing full lock crossed up slides, massive wheelies and leaping the grand canyon the basic parameters are pretty good.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Didn't mean to upset you. You will find that the pro options are mainly calibrated for a knobbly style tyre. I found that the basic enduro mode is pretty good even with Bridgestone ax41s fitted. It looks after my lack of talent when things get a bit out of hand. The pro mode opens up a lot of options but I found it easier just to work within the boundaries of the standard modes which do a very good job. Unless you are going to have it doing full lock crossed up slides, massive wheelies and leaping the grand canyon the basic parameters are pretty good.

Only enduro pro is calibrated for knobbies/off road tires....the dynamic pro is meant for street....it not only opens the bike up but also makes the suspension a bit firmer and lets ABS and Traction be less intrusive......so if you want to be a hooligan on the street Dynamic Pro is the way top go

1 - 9 of 9 Posts