R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 R1200GS
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another one for those that are better mechanics than I...I'm completely at a loss; I did an ABS delete on a 2006 R1200GS but when I went to test drive it the right cylinder isn't firing. Pulled the plugs, both have good spark. Pulled the injector, spraying fuel as expected. Engine seems to have good compression. Checked the throttle cables, all seated as they should be, and cables operating normally from the throttle. Swapped the Idle actuators, no change. Ran Tests with my GS911all good except for the O2 sensor on the right side reading out of spec but that's because there wasn't any thing going on with that cylinder. Charged battery completely overnight, no difference.

The bike starts and runs badly on the left cylinder only. Instruments, lights etc. all working. The right side header doesn't even get warm. I've got spark, fuel, air, and compression. What am I missing?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
If you have fuel, spark and compression you should have ignition. I'm at a loss other than swat the coil sticks from the right cylinder see if you can move the problem to the other side?

·
Registered
2005 R1200GS
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nevermind, while I checked the throttle cable at the throttle body to make sure it was seated I didnt check where it comes out of the throttle mechanism under the tank. It was unseated in there. Popped it back in and viola! Runs like an old boxer should. Sophomoric mistake, my bad and I spent hours going through everything I could think of. Dah!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts