R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Will this fit properly on an R1250G? It’s hard to tell from the website’s instructions if the rider seat and/or the pillion seats can be removed without removing the back rest. Can you comment on this?

When you say it isn’t right for you, are you referring to fit, or support, or comfort? Does it force you to sit too close to the tank?

What does it bolt to under the seat?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, this backrest fits all 1200/1250 GS/GSA models. As for removing the seats, here is the description (better than I could do) of how to remove the seats:

"To remove the rear seat when the backrest support bracket is installed, you will need to push (or flex) the support bar forward while lifting the rear seat off the bike. To adjust the front seat height, the backrest must be loosened, but not removed. Secure backrest and seat before riding. The REAR seat can only be used in the rear most position when the bracket is installed."

As for fit, my arms are short and I didn't really "feel" the backrest providing as much support as I thought I would. Going down the interstate is where it would be great. I don't think it would force a normally proportioned human too far forward.😄

As far as mounting, it's very easy. There are two Torx bolts under the rear seat that are removed and then replaced with the backrest bracket under them. Very easy install (2 bolts).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, although they are nothing special, and not needed if you have any kind of pannier mounts. But I’ve got them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts