R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Read the Sargent fine print carefully. On the 1250 GSAs they recommend buying both front and rear due to there being a fairly large gap between the front Sargent and the rear stock seat. Even with both the Sargent front and rear seats there is a fairly large space between the front and rear Sargents if you ride with the front in the lowest position, as I do. I suspect with the front Sargent and the stock rear, the gap is even larger, based on what they say in their recommendation, although I never looked to see.

tempImagevJpUsP.png

·
Super Awesom Person
631 Posts
I bought both the front and back seats from Sargent thinking the gap would be better. It wasn't. I returned the back seat and they charged me a restocking fee.
Instead of ordering the seat va the internet call and ask about a Christmas discount.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have the sergeant front and back, fit great. Had just the sergeant front and stock rear and they fit ok, no issues either.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Have the sergeant front and back, fit great. Had just the sergeant front and stock rear and they fit ok, no issues either.
There's a difference between a 2020 R1250 GSA, which the OP specified, and your 2007 R1200GS. That's why Sargent urges the purchase of both seats for the 2017+ 12XX GSAs. Note that Sargent specifies GSAs as having the gap. There's no mention of a gap for the GS machines of the same model years. Here's the fine print from their website:

• SEAT COMPATIBILITY NOTE FOR THE 2017+ GS ADVENTURE MODEL: The Sargent Front Seat is only compatible with the OEM stock rear seat with the Sargent Front Seat in the low position, which also results in a larger gap. For best compatibility and functionality, we recommend that both the front and rear Sargent seats be purchased and used together.
For what it's worth, I had a Sargent front seat on my 2006 R1200 GS with the stock rear seat and they matched up perfectly.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hmmm, a seller recommending that you buy more of their stuff....that’s rare.

On a side note, it is sad to see Sargent—one of the best seat companies—playing games like that (unless it was a 3rd party seller).

·
Registered
39 Posts
GSTed,

I mentioned your 2007 GS as a reference from your forum Bio line, but see that you have a Sargent seat set on your 2019 GS as well. Again, the gap situation is only for GSA models as I understand it from the Sargent website.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is the Sargent heated seat wider than the stock seat overall or just the back portion where you sit ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts