R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, does anyone have any feedback on the Schuberth E1? I was in the market for a new lid and I went ahead and ordered one. I have never had a flip up helmet so I'm excited about that part my current lid is a Shoei X-Twelve their top of the line helmet, which I have loved but it's past it's shelf life.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
That helmet gets great reviews and for the money it should, I'm not partial to the overall look of it though, it has a little more sedate styling than the Shoei and Arai equivalents.
I have a Shoei Hornet X2 currently and no complaints and I felt the price of that was ridiculous although cheaper than the E1

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will do my best to give some feedback when I get it. I will say this, I'm a 55 cm head guy and according to the website a sm is something like 53-55 and a medium is 56-57 something like that all I'm saying is when I tried them on at BMW Murrieta I went with a Medium it felt a lot more comfortable and I've always worn a small in most helmet brands. So for anyone in the market make sure you try them on before you buy because the sizing did seem to be different ever so slightly at least for me anyway. Just my two cents!

·
Premium Member
1,285 Posts
I bought one in '16 just before a 7-week ride. I didn't get a chance to break it in . . . just put it on and rode. It was comfortable from day one and I took it with me this year on another long ride. I've got no complaints with it, at all.

Mike

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought one in '16 just before a 7-week ride. I didn't get a chance to break it in . . . just put it on and rode. It was comfortable from day one and I took it with me this year on another long ride. I've got no complaints with it, at all.

Mike
Thank you Mike, i'm super excited since it's been a little over 5 years since I had a new lid. I take really good care of them and my other Shoei still looks like new. I just don't like to push things if there is no need when it comes to safety riding gear because I like to push it when I'm riding.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I bought a Shuberth C-4; ordered on the internet, due to the fact that I live a long way from anywhere that sells anything but a "made in China" helmet. the C-4 was a really nice lid, but way too tight on my face. Try whatever you buy before you pay for it, is my advice. In addition, I have read a lot of threads on the blogs that the C-3 is the quietest of the Shuberth modular helmets.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought a Shuberth C-4; ordered on the internet, due to the fact that I live a long way from anywhere that sells anything but a "made in China" helmet. the C-4 was a really nice lid, but way too tight on my face. Try whatever you buy before you pay for it, is my advice. In addition, I have read a lot of threads on the blogs that the C-3 is the quietest of the Shuberth modular helmets.
The concept of the C4 is awesome with the built in bluetooth and all. Well do you at least like it? I mean did you keep it or send it back for a different size? I guess i have nothing to go on as far as quiet goes as long as i can hear my music I'm good!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Good manufacturer.
Good design.
But you must try on for the fit.
Good luck.

Yes overpriced but hey nothing is for free these days.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
275 Posts
I sent the C-4 back. I ordered according to the Shuberth fitting guide and got a medium. Way too tight across the face. Fit exactly like the Shoei Neotech that I wound up with, that I had to send back and get a large, then get the 31mm pads to replace the 35mm pads. These helmets are apparently not fitted for the average middle-age (or later) American. If you've got cheeks, go larger. I never got the bluetooth working, since I didn't wear the helmet, but it was very nice and nearly completely concealed.

·
'05 R 1200 Gs
645 Posts
Just got a Bell Vortex as a Christmas gift from my son. He's ridden with one for 2 years. I have ridden with mine for a few rides so far and love it to death ( bad choice of words ). Highly recommend this unit. XL for my melon head. Not expensive at all... Revzilla

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I sent the C-4 back. I ordered according to the Shuberth fitting guide and got a medium. Way too tight across the face. Fit exactly like the Shoei Neotech that I wound up with, that I had to send back and get a large, then get the 31mm pads to replace the 35mm pads. These helmets are apparently not fitted for the average middle-age (or later) American. If you've got cheeks, go larger. I never got the bluetooth working, since I didn't wear the helmet, but it was very nice and nearly completely concealed.
Sorry it didn't work out for you but I guess in a way it did since you now have the lid you like. Shoei is a great helmet. I will keep in mind the pad thing but I'm pretty sure I will be alright with the Medium. We shall see once it comes in. I have the Sena 20s so hopefully I'm able to hook that up to the Schuberth E1 easily

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got a Bell Vortex as a Christmas gift from my son. He's ridden with one for 2 years. I have ridden with mine for a few rides so far and love it to death ( bad choice of words ). Highly recommend this unit. XL for my melon head. Not expensive at all... Revzilla
Now that's a good boy buying pops a new lid wow! Congrats on the helmet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I love my E1, but then again, I've been a Schuberth guy for many years and several iterations. It's my favorite of the bunch so far, but it is a bit heavier than I like for enduro use, and the chin bar is closer to the face than a true motocross helmet's chin bar, but a reasonable compromise for those of us who honestly only hit the dirt 10% of the time.

Bottom line is that the greatest helmet is the one that fits you properly, so the E1 is in fact the "right one" for me, but quite possibly not for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts