R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MattGarr57
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a shorter inseam, so the 33.5" seat height stretches me a bit. I understand that the GS comes in a lower version? Sorry, 1st day in the forum and just looking for info.

Thanks!
Matt

·
Registered
737 Posts
I have a shorter inseam, so the 33.5" seat height stretches me a bit. I understand that the GS comes in a lower version? Sorry, 1st day in the forum and just looking for info.

Thanks!
Matt
Yes it does come in factory low suspension. Changed shocks, lower seat!

·
Registered
119 Posts
26" inseam

I have a 2017 GS that is factory lowered. I have a 26" inseam. I also have 1" soles added to my riding boots. It is still a little tall for me at times, but I manage. Here are my thoughts,

1. Actually, by far the principal reason that I purchased a GS was because it is available with the factory-lowered option. I had previously thought that a GS/GSA was way too tall for me--until I sat on one at the dealers and was very pleasantly surprised The Tenere, KLM, Suzuki, Triumph, etc., were all too tall for me.

2. At the National BMW rally in Salt Lake in 2017 I had opportunity to sit on a factory-lowered GSA, so I got to compare that with my factory-lowered GS. I had thought the that GSA would have been too tall, but now I believe it would be OK.

3. On my early 2017 version of the GS the automatic suspension control has a mind of its own. Sometimes it is "tall" and sometimes a lot lower. I find this annoying and would prefer not to have that variation, rather just set it manually, like on most bikes with less automation. I understand the newer GS/GSA's have a manual override for the hunting and seeking of shock inflation that my bike has. I wish I had that. Bottomline is sometimes I can just barely flatfoot it (by standing, not sitting in the saddle) and sometimes it seems about 2 inches higher, depending upon how the suspensions wanders up and down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts