R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have a look at Sargent

I have a Sargent that I like pretty well, although I returned the pillion saddle. It is contoured much differently than the OEM pillion saddle, and my wife didn't really have a complaint about the comfort of the OEM pillion saddle anyway.

I use a Givi topcase, with a pretty thick back pad, and between the combination of the Sargent's shape and the topcase setup, my wife couldn't get comfortable. So, when I sent the pillion saddle back, I got a skin from Sargent to recover the OEM pillion saddle to match the rider's saddle. It looks sharp and the comfort is fine for short to medium rides. For longer rides, my wife uses an Airhawk cushion, and I've got an Alaska Leather sheepskin buttpad.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If your in the northwest you might consider a “Rich’s” seat (www.richscustomseats.com), the most comfortable motorcycle seat I’ve ever had…
I had him also do the back for my wife, who occasionally rides along, the down side is that she’s too comfy & always wants to go along now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had a Sargent seat on my FJR1300 and thought it was the as comfortable as a 2" x 4", the worst. I took it on a 30 min ride and put back the original seat.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I've always liked Corbin seats. But like your mileage may vary, so might your rear.

Personally I shop fleabay for used ones. My Corbin with backrest was $170, if I didn't like it I wasn't out much. Keep an eye on the marketplace threads.

·
Registered
16 Posts
depends on how heavy mods are and what you are looking for, single seat or with passenger . . . single seat is in the 4 - 500 range, passenger addition is in the 700 range . . . roughly. But WORTH EVERY PENNY!
2nd on Don (and now Ryan) @ Mr. Ed's! He's built two for me ('04 R1150 GSA and '13 Vstrom) and hoping to get over there for something for my '15 R1200 GS LC...worth every penny, everyyyyy mile! 🙂

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had a Sargent seat on my FJR1300, it was the worst! I could not stay on it more than 30 mins, ended up putting the stock back on an hour after putting the Sargent on the bike. I had a Corbin on my Nighthawk 650, it was hard as a rock but kept it on anyway because the shape was more supportive than the stock seat.

I wanted to try Tourateck: Touratech Comfort Seats, BMW R1250GS / R1200GS / ADV 2013-on, (Water Cooled)

Does anyone have any feedback on this one?

·
Registered
38 Posts
The relatively new Danny Gray Airhawk Independent Suspension Technology (IST) Seat is rather interesting.

I received one this week - it has a little button on the left side to add inflation to the air bladder (along with a discreet relief value just aft of the button to release pressure). Have only had about an hour test ride thus far, but so far so so good. Hope to give it a real 6 to 8-hour workout this weekend and will report back.

They're available in standard or lower height for the same MSRP, $515.95. I purchased from Sierra BMW. Total price, delivered, was $464.36 after applying their 10% off "ADVRIDER" discount code.

You could perhaps try a removable IRHAWK Cruiser Pillion for your passenger, $89.00 MSRP. Good luck.

Danny Gray Airhawk Seat - BMW R 1200-1250 GS.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a Sargent seat on my FJR1300, it was the worst! I could not stay on it more than 30 mins, ended up putting the stock back on an hour after putting the Sargent on the bike. I had a Corbin on my Nighthawk 650, it was hard as a rock but kept it on anyway because the shape was more supportive than the stock seat.

I wanted to try Tourateck: Touratech Comfort Seats, BMW R1250GS / R1200GS / ADV 2013-on, (Water Cooled)

Does anyone have any feedback on this one?
I've got the standard height one on my '18 R1200GSA. Much better than the stock BMW seat, but you may want to see if you can borrow one for a few days and put some miles on. Would not recommend for an IB run, but OK for daily commute and a day on the trail.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The gold standard of comfortable seats is the Russel Day Long. As compared to the OEM seat, riding on an RDL is like having your azz cradled by angels.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts