R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm looking into getting a second hand NAV V. Apart from the obvious facts (bill, overall condition etc), is there anything that has to be checked, or done, before acquiring? Any hassle with registration, logins, or anything like that?
Many thanks for the advice.

Tony

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
You want to make sure that you get one with the same maps that you reside in so you can update them for free.
If you live in the U.S make sure it has the North America mapset.
Other than that you should have no trouble although I would ask the previous owner of the GPS to go into Garmin Express and remove the device from his registered device list.

·
Registered
279 Posts
You want to make sure that you get one with the same maps that you reside in so you can update them for free.
If you live in the U.S make sure it has the North America mapset.
Other than that you should have no trouble although I would ask the previous owner of the GPS to go into Garmin Express and remove the device from his registered device list.
Also advise the previous owner to do a reset to remove his/her personal data and saved waypoints.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hi all,

I'm looking into getting a second hand NAV V. Apart from the obvious facts (bill, overall condition etc), is there anything that has to be checked, or done, before acquiring? Any hassle with registration, logins, or anything like that?
Many thanks for the advice.

Tony
There are quite a few on ebay.....sub $500,

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks that was what I was after. I knew something had to be done on his end, will make sure he does.
It's a European model... Living in Europe it's all good ☺
Don't have the jog wheel so will be losing out on some functionality, will be stuck using touch screen for now, but will be actively looking for a jog wheel that BMW will have to configure.
If anyone has any tips on finding second hand jog wheels that's my next challenge
Thanks for the responses and help

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
The multi-function controller (jog wheel) does a whole lot more than swap screens once you get the hang of using it.
Although even using it just to swapping screens is pretty handy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts