R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2018 GS. The message 'Service Overdue' comes up on the TFT when the bike is turned on. It's because of the due date of the next service, not the mileage.
I plan to do the 24000 mile service soon and have the GS 911 and will use it to reset the the service reminder. But can't do it for a couple of weeks.
My question, until then - The reminder disappears after a few minutes but it seems to be a random time before it goes away.
Is the there some trick to turning it off immediately? It fills almost the whole TFT and seems to stop you doing other functions with the TFT

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can't turn the message off but keep a sharp eye on the dashboard. I if you keep steering at it you will not have problems. On the other hand, if you neglect the message on the dashboard your bike will implode and leave a black hole in the universe. That will be the end of the universe and you won't like that. So for the love of God keep steering at your dashboard - or move your scoll wheel to the left.....

·
Super Awesom Person
563 Posts
I just bought a 2018 GS. The message 'Service Overdue' comes up on the TFT when the bike is turned on. It's because of the due date of the next service, not the mileage.
I plan to do the 24000 mile service soon and have the GS 911 and will use it to reset the the service reminder. But can't do it for a couple of weeks.
My question, until then - The reminder disappears after a few minutes but it seems to be a random time before it goes away.
Is the there some trick to turning it off immediately? It fills almost the whole TFT and seems to stop you doing other functions with the TFT
Just move the scroll wheel to the left.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts