R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know the thread size for the servo funnel, looking to make one, can’t bring myself to pay silly money for a funnel, cheers!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Its not a common thread you'll find at the hardware store. Best thing to do is find someone with a dead servo unit and buy one of the caps from them. Then drill out the cap and glue in a funnel. Its not as easy as it sounds. Trying to hold a plastic threaded circle while you drill out the allen head area until its at least 3/8" diameter without screwing up the threads is interesting at best.

I'm not sure that $30 or whatever BBY charges is really that excessive.

·
Registered
507 Posts
They were charging $50 + shipping for a funnel, no thank you
Well then its time to source a cap, drive around town to get a funnel and JB weld and hope you don't screw up the cap drilling it out. IF successful within about 6 hours of wasted time and you'll have saved maybe $5.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well then its time to source a cap, drive around town to get a funnel and JB weld and hope you don't screw up the cap drilling it out. IF successful within about 6 hours of wasted time and you'll have saved maybe $5.
Used to mechanic down a coal mine, 3000ft Underground,in conditions that would make you cry, if it takes you 6hrs, god help you!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts