R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping someone could do me a favor. I bough a 2013gsw that the previous owner lowered. Now the center stand is too long. I was going to take it a welding shop and see if they can shorten the stand. I’m not sure how much it is lowered though. The bike right now measures 7 inches from skid plate to the ground. Could someone tell me what the height should be when it’s stock. Thanks guys

·
Registered
48 Posts
There is a similar thread on f850 forum
The factory lowered f850 does not have an oem center stand. The only way to fit a center stand is the remove a section and modify the stand that way.
A good welder/fabricator can probably do the same for you.
I am currently working on this with a newly acquired factory lowered f850

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was my plan, I just don’t know how much it was lowered, so I don’t know how much to cut off. Not the height from skid plate to ground when it’s stock

·
Registered
721 Posts
The easiest way is cut a couple 12" square pieces of 1/2" plywood and/or 1/4" luan. Place one in front of each tire and roll the bike up on to them. Then deploy the centerstand ad see how it works. If the rear wheel is still to high off the ground and it hard to put on the centerstand add another layer and try again. Once you are satisfied measure the thickness of the plywood and that is how much you need to shorten the centerstand.

·
Registered
145 Posts
10 7/8 " measured on 2017 that is currently on center stand....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts