R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought some Nelson Rigg Sierra Dry Saddlebag. Great price and I like the build quality too. I planned on mounting them to my stock GSA pannier racks. Well I did mount them and dont like the fit. It's mostly on the exhaust side where the rack is arcing over the exhaust. So I'm looking for ideas for mounting plates or racks that dont arch over the exhaust. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not familiar with how those mount but you might want to look at the the Mosko Moto mounting plates, maybe those would work with your rig.
Thise might work and they are not too expensive. Thanks.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
851 Posts
Cheapest would be get a mosko moto adaptor for the GSA.....have seen em used for $50 and it will kinda make the exhaust side flat.
The one Krons mentioned is another option.
Then come the more expensive ones called akalaka plates.....I had a friend fabricate them for me and now my soft luggage goes on and off like a OEM BMW Aluminum pannier.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ended up ordering the Giant Loop mounts. As Krons stated they are pricier then other options, but they had the best line up for the straps on the Nelson Rigg Sierra Dry Saddlebags.
I'll let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought some Nelson Rigg Sierra Dry Saddlebag. Great price and I like the build quality too. I planned on mounting them to my stock GSA pannier racks. Well I did mount them and dont like the fit. It's mostly on the exhaust side where the rack is arcing over the exhaust. So I'm looking for ideas for mounting plates or racks that dont arch over the exhaust. Thanks in advance.
All you need is a straight stainless bar that goes across your original rack check it out at Andy Strapz in Australia very cheap and works well.
If you want to know what the road ahead is like, ask somebody coming back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts