R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2016 1200GS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have something (or know where to get) like this? I would order it from AliExpress and take a chance but it won’t arrive before my planned trip in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 R1200GS, 2007 R1200GS. 2005 R1200GS, 2009 R1200GS, 2009 R1200GSA, 2005 R1200GS, 2006 R1200GS, 2
2,178 Posts
Inexpensive PVC boat bags available at most sporting goods stores or mega marts or just takes less stuff. There comes a point taking so much stuff starts sapping the fun out of the ride.

·
Administrator
1,458 Posts
If your cases have the tie down points shown in your post, then strapping dry bag duffles down with Rok Straps should be a pretty effective solution. I can typically get everything I carry inside the cases except for when I'm carrying my camp chair and table and I strap those to the top. More often than not I'm strapping them to the top of my Wolfman Expedition soft bags but it works on my Touratech hard cases as well.

Reactions: 3Sum

·
Registered
2016 1200GS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If your cases have the tie down points shown in your post, then strapping dry bag duffles down with Rok Straps should be a pretty effective solution. I can typically get everything I carry inside the cases except for when I'm carrying my camp chair and table and I strap those to the top. More often than not I'm strapping them to the top of my Wolfman Expedition soft bags but it works on my Touratech hard cases as well.
Yes, my aluminum cases (of whatever brand they are - nothing is written) do have those. I have my first trip with these cases and I'm just not sure about how much they will hold. I have plenty of Rok Straps!

Thanks

·
Reprobate
145 Posts
I went with one from Wunderlich with a zipper that reaches three sides for stuff I needed to reach in a hurry. Paid a bit more but it has been absolutely waterproof which was a critical point for me after seeing a buddy with one of the cheap knockoffs with water damage to the contents.

I use a dry bag on the other side secured with Rok Straps, but it lacks the convenience of the sidecase topper.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Like JustTubbs mentioned I also recommend the 20L Dry bags. This summer I did a 11,000 mile round trip from Charlotte, NC to Alaska and had three of the Sea to Summit Bags on top of my Touratech boxes. They are very tough and reliable. I do recommend the Sea to Summit Big River Dry bags because they have four sash points attached to the bags which make it easy to attach to your boxes. Touratech also has straps available that make attaching the dry bag very fast and easy.

·
Registered
2016 1200GS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Amartin. I ended up ordering the Kemimoto bags for a lark since they’re cheap. If they last for my trip next month I’ll be ok with that. But great idea on those bags. I have an REI less than an hour away from me.

·
Registered
2016 1200GS
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Figured I’d show them on the bike now that I have them. I’d give them an absolute 10/10. The rain covers included are huge compared to the bags themselves but other than that they are pretty well made. Super convenient for quick grab stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts