R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2017 GS LC with wire wheels - it is impossible that I am the only one who struggles with finding the right compressor chuck and inflator tool to fit between and around the front wire wheel. Color me "frustrated" ... solutions?

1) I just got the Motion ProFill Air Chuck tool - hope this can create ease with my garage compressor. What recommendations are there for an inflator tool has a pressure gauge that will work well with this ProFill tool?

2) And, when on a longer trip, what inflater tools are worthwhile to have on hand that will interface with gas station air?

3) When I change the tires next, will going with a 90' tire valve solve the inflation issue yet ruin the TPMS feature?

Imagine this has been topic before yet stalled on statement wording. Thanks for your help!

·
Super Moderator
1,245 Posts
90° valve will help. I found a short swivel chuck to be ok in my experience.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Any 90 Degree Valve Stem Extension will work fine. I take this on longer trips:
CYCPLUS Tire Pump Electric 150PSI Portable Air Inflator Cordless Compressor

Reactions: Dawg68

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same initial issue - managed to deflate a tire and had to get a portable tank brought out for me to fix it.

I bought a couple brass bent extenders. Mine are about 90 degrees, but there are ones available in different configurations.

Amazon.com: Mellbree 2-Pack Tire Valve Extension, 90 Degree Schrader Tire Valve Stem Extension Brass Adaptor Compatible for Passenger Cars, Stroller, Bicycles, Motorcycles, Trailers, RV and Recreational Vehicles : Automotive

BTW, do NOT leave it on when riding. It isn't designed for that use. As far as I know, there aren't any bent inflators that are designed for riding at this time due to the TPM configuration.

I'm a fairly new rider (less than 2 years). Started with a F700GS, then moved to a 2018.5 R1200GS a few months ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts