R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just returned to the islands after a month long excursion in Virginia, N.C., Tennessee and W. Va. For the most part one can throw a stone to any of those states from South West Virginia. My Hdq. is in Konnarock, Virginia, a wide place in a narrow road.

When I see the hype about Tail of the Dragon I just smile. Off the US highways and Interstates, it's hard to find a straight stretch longer than a quarter mile, anywhere!

I'm not a camera guy but picture the Clinch Mountains in WVA on a seriously overcast day with clouds draped over the peaks like whipped cream.

The morning I left Grayson County, Va. headed for my storage spot in Norfolk, Va., it was 31 degrees on Rt. 58 at the cutoff to White Top Mountain. Uh Oh, gotta go.

Back on St. Croix still dealing with Maria's damage. About to start cutting chases in my concrete walls to completely re-wire my 2,500 sq.ft. house. So much water got into the 1950's flex metal conduit after the roof went off that it rusted and is shorting out one circuit after the other. I'll be dreaming of curves while trying to keep the concrete saw path straight.

·
Registered
92 Posts
When I see the hype about Tail of the Dragon I just smile. Off the US highways and Interstates, it's hard to find a straight stretch longer than a quarter mile, anywhere!
Been smiling for a lot of years. Lots of great roads where you were riding and you just scratched the surface. Lots down around the Dragon too, but you have to put up with too much "traffic." >:)
Also, North and West of Damascus you can get into some great roads in KY.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts