R1200GS Forum banner

321 - 325 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #321
Had me laughing! The Burgervan sounds like my local food truck. Pretty good burgers and a darn sight quiter.
Over the weekend we had my 1250Gs, a shiny new Multistrada, KTM 790 adventure and BMW XR around some mountain roads, and smooth twisties. Not much in it between the GS and Multistrada. But the Multistrada way quieter, no irritating tire noise, more comfortable and raw fun feel to it. Serious alternative to the Burgervan.
Sorry to bust your bubble but I had the misfortune to own a Ducrapi Mulistresser 1200 back in 2010. By far the most unreliable and troublesome motorcycle I have ever owned. I could write a book about all the problems. 18 months of my life I will never get back!!!

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
New to my 1250 I I'm wondering how you would know a sound was weird? lol! Man this thing gurgles, whines, wizzes and growns like nothing I ever rode. Technically I think it's the intake runners exposed as well as the valves sticking out the side of the engine - these are usually covered and well away from your ears. Emotionally, I think it's kind of funny and a part of the charm! I'm not minimizing the issues you all are posting, thanks for being attentive to the bikes and maybe identifying a real issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
warm up the engine for a few minutes. video record the left and right cylinder and put it here and I'll tell you.
I was informed that the whole head of the left cylinder was being changed.actually waiting for parts from Germany(fck you virus)

this is my bike

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #324
warm up the engine for a few minutes. video record the left and right cylinder and put it here and I'll tell you.
I was informed that the whole head of the left cylinder was being changed.actually waiting for parts from Germany(fck you virus)

this is my bike
Something definitely wrong when one cylinder makes more noise than the other but it is not the noise this thread has been discussing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
my 19 has a mechanical rattle, legitimately sounds like a piece of metal bouncing around under the tank towards the front fork area. It's prevalent under initial load then gone.

321 - 325 of 325 Posts