R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else have Motech lower crash bars on there 2019 1250GS? I have a set and the engine clearance on the left side is far less than on the right side?? They fit up perfectly with no issues except for the clearance. I only noticed when I installed driving lights that there was a difference. Twisted Throttle will replace them, but I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
The jugs are a little off set and I have heard of this before.
I put AltRiders on my GS and freaked out when I was done and they assured me its normal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The jugs are a little off set and I have heard of this before.
I put AltRiders on my GS and freaked out when I was done and they assured me its normal.
100% correct Ryno23 I did a measure on the bike last night, and the Left Jug is off set forward about 1 inch from the Right side. When you think about it, it makes perfect sense. Both jugs can't be perfectly lined up, they have to off set by the width of the connecting rod at least.
Still you would think that SW Motech or Touratech would take this difference into account when designing their crash bars. Anyway problem / mystery solved. Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
100% correct Ryno23 I did a measure on the bike last night, and the Left Jug is off set forward about 1 inch from the Right side. When you think about it, it makes perfect sense. Both jugs can't be perfectly lined up, they have to off set by the width of the connecting rod at least.
Still you would think that SW Motech or Touratech would take this difference into account when designing their crash bars. Anyway problem / mystery solved. Thanks for the help!!
I believe one sits out farther than the other as well. Stand on your pegs and look down at it.

Looks like all those bars do is "frame" the head. Do they even protect it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts