R1200GS Forum banner

What tall windscreen do you have that you love (or not)?

• CalSci

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aeroflow

• Hate my Puig!

• Hate my CalSci!

• Hate my Wunderlich!

• Hate my Aeroflow!

• Hate my V-stream!

• Hate my x-creen

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

Registered
2016 R1200GS
Far from pretty!! I found the bracket that came with this kept shaking loose on dirt roads. Made it permanent.
It may not look good, but the difference to noise levels is fantastic.
It's a cheapo AliExpress unit, but the quality is very good.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motorcycle

Registered
And one last thing about National Cycle, I was told, haven't been able to confirm it, that National Cycle makes the OEM shields for BMW? The clarity of their shields isthe best I have seen.
I have the middel size National Cycle screen. Totally agree. The screen is very clear and so far after about 8000 miles of riding I still don鈥檛 have any scratches that are typical with cleaning. It has clean air when the screen is all the way down. it also is clean when it is right at the apex before the screen slides back to the top position on the OEM adjuster. My pillion likes the screen and that says a lot. Also, I was told that National Cycle makes the screens for the RT鈥檚 and the like. I don鈥檛 think they make them for the R1200.

Registered
Far from pretty!! I found the bracket that came with this kept shaking loose on dirt roads. Made it permanent.
It may not look good, but the difference to noise levels is fantastic.
It's a cheapo AliExpress unit, but the quality is very good.

View attachment 31838
Hmmmm...never seen dual horns on a GS before. Is that a special Stebel model? 馃槈馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Before this thread dies completely, I am currently thinking that either the v-stream or the Puig touring are the top candidates (with aeroflow being a close 3rd). Have any of you tried any of the pairings and can compare them?

e.g. v-stream vs Puig touring or Puig vs aeroflow?

Registered
R1250GS 2021
No, but my experience would be, as I tried few combinations, this one (ordered from better to worse, where #1 is the best):
1) Wunderlich Marathon + MRA VSA-TYP B spoiler
2) Wunderlich Marathon
3) Givi
4) Puig Touring + Spolier
5) Puig Touring
6) OEM screen

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
I was really hoping for a top option that was less expensive (Wunderlich is $$$). Sort of surprised too since I see lots of other threads where people complain about the Puig being huge and from looking at the specs, the Wunderlich is shorter but wider I think. Here is what I have dug up for future reference

Code:
   Stock  (GS)        342 x 390 mm 

Wunderlich         524 x 476mm      $293

Puig  Touring      545 x 445mm      $132

V-stream (2487)    495 x 387 mm     $144

Givi 5124  is      570 x 450 mm     $130

Aeroflow(tall)     495 x 413 mm     $225
Now shape, and angle, are just as important as just the size (I did do a degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics back in the early 90s, not that I ever worked in the field) so size isn't everything (that's what she said). Pretty all of these screens recommend using a brace.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts