R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
tomdez
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any recommendations on a tank bag with a good size map holder for a 1250 GS? Preferably one that does not block view of the TFT dash. Or just a map holder that can be mounted to the tank.

·
Super Awesom Person
563 Posts
I've never liked tank bags but I do like that giant map holder. I might get the bag just for that. I'm anxiously monitoring the results of this thread.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Tusk from Rocky Mountain. Price is great and so is the bag.
I'll post a pic when I get to my phone.
Here are the details:

Attachments

·
Registered
645 Posts
I've never liked tank bags but I do like that giant map holder. I might get the bag just for that. I'm anxiously monitoring the results of this thread.
Hey Rick92040,
I was never a fan of tank bags either. Fellow rider had one of the Tusk Tank bags and it's not as big and gaudy as some of the other ones I've seen. I like the size e and functionality, plus the price is great also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have any recommendations on a tank bag with a good size map holder for a 1250 GS? Preferably one that does not block view of the TFT dash. Or just a map holder that can be mounted to the tank.
Mosko Moto nomad. Comes with a map pocket and rain cover. Also has a 1.5 liter bladder with hose and tube. Love mom.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not sure if I should use the manufacturer's name, 'cause here's a complaint: the clear plastic window on my tank bag started to yellow after only two years. (I bought my bag from a BMW dealer...one they had on display.) The third year, the plastic became brittle and started to leak. The fourth year, the yellow plastic crumbled like dried leaves. With great fortune, I found an upholstery guy who sewed in a THICK, flexible UV proof plastic window. Expensive, but 100% better than the piece of crap on the original bag.

·
Super Awesom Person
563 Posts
Not sure if I should use the manufacturer's name, 'cause here's a complaint: the clear plastic window on my tank bag started to yellow after only two years. (I bought my bag from a BMW dealer...one they had on display.) The third year, the plastic became brittle and started to leak. The fourth year, the yellow plastic crumbled like dried leaves. With great fortune, I found an upholstery guy who sewed in a THICK, flexible UV proof plastic window. Expensive, but 100% better than the piece of crap on the original bag.
Yes. You should. We would like to know which ones to avoid.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts