R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New user here....to the forum and the GS. Would like feed back on a sm/med size tank bag. Cant decide between the gas caps type attachment or the straps. Any thoughts?

·
Not that senior.
703 Posts
Bagster.

I have fitted Bagster leather tank bags on my last two bikes. The main role is to protect the paintwork, but they also make some fantastic bags that attach to them.
Check out the range, they make them for the new 2013 Liquid cooled models as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had the RKA tankbag for almost a year and am very pleased with it. Its big enough yet not too big. It uses a three point attachment strap system that doesn't scratch. It also has a hidden side compartment for running wires. For example, I can connect a cable that otherwise powers my heated gear to one end by the seat and the other end has a USB to recharge my cellphone, or GoPro up on the handlebars.

The only downside is the map pocket is a little smaller than I'd prefer but I can deal with it. RKA offers a larger map pocket but it hangs over the edges of the tankbag and I don't care for the looks.

It also keeps its shape which is better than some of the less expensive bags as they end to flatten out.
There's lots of choices. Good luck in your decision-making.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had the RKA tankbag for almost a year and am very pleased with it. Its big enough yet not too big. It uses a three point attachment strap system that doesn't scratch. It also has a hidden side compartment for running wires. For example, I can connect a cable that otherwise powers my heated gear to one end by the seat and the other end has a USB to recharge my cellphone, or GoPro up on the handlebars.

The only downside is the map pocket is a little smaller than I'd prefer but I can deal with it. RKA offers a larger map pocket but it hangs over the edges of the tankbag and I don't care for the looks.

It also keeps its shape which is better than some of the less expensive bags as they end to flatten out.
There's lots of choices. Good luck in your decision-making.
How did you attach the bag?

·
'05 R 1200 Gs
662 Posts
How did you attach the bag?
You just quoted a 9 year old post and asked for a response from a 1 time poster.
I have an assortment of tank bags including the Motorrad with gas fill ring. I also have a few with suction cups. To me it is like flipping a coin. With the suction cup units I secure with extra straps. I prefer the suction cup style

BTW, Just came across this unit and put it on my wish list

Buy direct from;

Nomad Tank Bag

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had a Givi tanklock bag for 9 years and love it. Easy to use, very secure and doesn't touch the paintwork at all. In the past I have had magnetic bags which also were fine but like this one much better. doubt I'll ever use anything else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts