R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Eugene
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an Olympia Ranger 3 Over Pants from RevZilla in a size 34. I'm 6'1" about 175lbs and most of my clothes are a size 32 for a perfect fit and a 34 for a loose need a belt fit.

I'm curious how these pants should fit? I tried it on with the inner insulated later and it was a snug fit that required some work to get on and some inhale of the stomach area to zip and snap up. The knee pads fell below my knee standing (luckily I was able to adjust it higher). I tried with jeans on and it was a workout and felt uncomfortable when on the bike with it. The firm material at the rim was jabbing me in the stomach when sitting.

I'm guessing that I can't order online and I need to try on various pants at the store and pick one. That said...how should it fit? Am I wrong for thinking it should slip on like a pair of jeans and perhaps be a little loose requiring some tightening if I took out the inner thermal liner?:crying:

I had the same issue at Cycle Gear when I tried on a pair of sedici. The 32 was a perfect snug fit and the 34 caused the pads to fall below my knees but seemed like a more comfortable fit. I forgot to squat and see how that felt.

Thoughts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I picked up an Olympia Ranger 3 Over Pants from RevZilla in a size 34. I'm 6'1" about 175lbs and most of my clothes are a size 32 for a perfect fit and a 34 for a loose need a belt fit.

I'm curious how these pants should fit? I tried it on with the inner insulated later and it was a snug fit that required some work to get on and some inhale of the stomach area to zip and snap up. The knee pads fell below my knee standing (luckily I was able to adjust it higher). I tried with jeans on and it was a workout and felt uncomfortable when on the bike with it. The firm material at the rim was jabbing me in the stomach when sitting.

I'm guessing that I can't order online and I need to try on various pants at the store and pick one. That said...how should it fit? Am I wrong for thinking it should slip on like a pair of jeans and perhaps be a little loose requiring some tightening if I took out the inner thermal liner?:crying:

I had the same issue at Cycle Gear when I tried on a pair of sedici. The 32 was a perfect snug fit and the 34 caused the pads to fall below my knees but seemed like a more comfortable fit. I forgot to squat and see how that felt.

Thoughts
usually online stores should have a size chart ready depending on the brand you are looking for.some brands may wear thigtier than others,so you should always check that first.

again the fit depends usually on the brand

·
Eugene
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the response and tip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts