R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's already available. Did you check with your dealer? My dealer notified me early this week and will be bringing it in for the update.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I should have clarified as I was asking about Australia.

I'll call them tomorrow.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definitely calling them tomorrow in that case!

I had the first service done three weeks ago, I wish they would have just done it then...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are you enjoying the bike? Give us an update when you've done your software. Did you get panniers for it? I'm tossing between the soft and hard cases, can't decide although soft ones are much cheaper. I got the Nav 6 to go with it and it's really a good complement with the TFT.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is probably the first of a few updates that will likely roll through over the next few years. Nothing critical but all good additions and worth having. I'm heading off to my local dealer right now to see if they can plug mine in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you enjoying the bike? Give us an update when you've done your software. Did you get panniers for it? I'm tossing between the soft and hard cases, can't decide although soft ones are much cheaper. I got the Nav 6 to go with it and it's really a good complement with the TFT.
I'm loving this bike! I have wanted one for ever, since I saw Long Way Round. In fact, my new number plate is LNGWY.

I got Giant Loop Round the World panniers, but haven't had a chance to use them yet... Been too busy house hunting!

I got the Nav6 also, it's great but I wish I could have Waze on it...

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Giant loops are on my short list because it will mount on the bmw racks. Let me know if it’s a better choice than the hard cases.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Giant Loop will fit to the BMW racks, but you need an adapter for the exhaust side, for the step in.
AdventureMoto got it for me.

I can't post pics because all my stuff is packed up in boxes...

·
Registered
737 Posts
Giant Loop will fit to the BMW racks, but you need an adapter for the exhaust side, for the step in.
AdventureMoto got it for me.

I can't post pics because all my stuff is packed up in boxes...
I pulled the trigger on the Mosko moto bags! Havent got a chnace to use them cos welllll my bike is still not here...lol
Used GIVI trekker outback metal ones on my Triumph Tiger 800 XCX! just wanted something different and lighter this time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok, mine is going in on Thursday and was told it will take 2 hours to update so keeping my fingers crossed that this update will not screw up what appears to be working fine at the moment.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, mine is going in on Thursday and was told it will take 2 hours to update so keeping my fingers crossed that this update will not screw up what appears to be working fine at the moment.
2 hours? WTF?

That's annoying. I was hoping it would be a simple plug-in exercise...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mine was done today.

Took 3 hrs.

You get:

Customisable Dynamic and Enduro Pro modes
Sexy new animation when changing menus
The ABS PRO logo on the boot screen

Don't know about connectivity, as I don't use it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mine was done today.

Took 3 hrs.

You get:

Customisable Dynamic and Enduro Pro modes
Sexy new animation when changing menus
The ABS PRO logo on the boot screen

Don't know about connectivity, as I don't use it.
Did it cost anything?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a 2017 ( actually what I now refer to a 2016.5) and do not have TFT (obviously) . My question is does the dealer charge you if you just bring in the bike for a flash to update software?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got mine done this morning ... just under 2 hours. Looks much smoother transitioning from one screen to another. Tested the phone, headset, Nav6, turn by turn on board GPS on TFT and streamed Spotify via the TFT connectivity... all working perfectly. With the TFT GPS instructions, the music volume is lowered when the voice command comes on. Previously the music will just mute when the voice command came on. The fuel range used to hover around 450km on a full tank. Now it's actually showing closer to the true mileage on a full tank. There is also a new little symbol on the bottom of TFT to show that the DRL is set on auto and it goes off when the main light comes on. Of course, when you power up ABS Pro comes up on bottom of screen.

However, after the update all Bluetooth connected devices were reset but pairing the phone and my Sena 20s was just a matter of seconds.

I asked why BMW is requesting all TFT to be updated and was told the previous firmware had errors showing up on the diagnostics due to some bugs.

Hopefully, it will be happy days from now although I didn't have any issues with my previous firmware version. Great service from the BMW dealer and especially the guys who are on the ground.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts