R1200GS Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Professional Nomad
33 Posts
Wow, what a fantastic idea! Thumbs up on your progress updates!

If I could make a small suggestion. I realize you're still focusing on the functionality part of the app, but at a later stage, maybe think about hiring a UX/UI designer to clean up the aesthetics and useability of the app.

For example, when scrolling through the feature list, I noticed there's a lot of wasted space to the right of the menu list items. A UI designer would probably try to make more use of that space and change the items to icons and place more of them on the screen so you can see a lot more at a glance instead of scrolling through a list.

Also, a lot of wasted space when displaying the song info. You've got all that real estate, try to use the whole screen. Difficult to look at a display and ride at the same time, make it easier on us when glancing down.

Maybe you're going to address all this at a later time once the functionality is pinned down. If so, apologies for jumping the gun.

Again, great product! :cool:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Wow, what a fantastic idea! Thumbs up on your progress updates!

If I could make a small suggestion. I realize you're still focusing on the functionality part of the app, but at a later stage, maybe think about hiring a UX/UI designer to clean up the aesthetics and useability of the app.

For example, when scrolling through the feature list, I noticed there's a lot of wasted space to the right of the menu list items. A UI designer would probably try to make more use of that space and change the items to icons and place more of them on the screen so you can see a lot more at a glance instead of scrolling through a list.

Also, a lot of wasted space when displaying the song info. You've got all that real estate, try to use the whole screen. Difficult to look at a display and ride at the same time, make it easier on us when glancing down.

Maybe you're going to address all this at a later time once the functionality is pinned down. If so, apologies for jumping the gun.

Again, great product! :cool:
Hi lightcycle,

Thanks for your kind words. You are correct I'm focused on features and stability at the moment. We have a lot of plans for the apps in the future that include major UI changes, features, and integrations. Our beta testers have echoed your same thoughts :) I'm using a bug/enhancement tracking software to keep all the great ideas folks have been sending my way.

Thanks for your support!
Keith

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hi JetSpeed,

Things are going great! We are hard at work building the units for Kickstarter Backers and hope to have them for sale to the general public soon after. For more detailed progress reports you can watch our Kickstarter updates.

Keith

It's been a while since we've gotten any update on this device.

I am curious if there is a way to purchase a WunderLINQ these days?

How is the product doing, ready for prime time?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The Kickstarter WunderLINQ release has been overwhelmingly positive! We have received many requests from those interested in the WLQ but missed the Kickstarter campaign. Black Box Embedded LLC is offering a pre-order discount to those who missed the Kickstarter promotion. Don’t miss your chance to own the coolest tech for your BMW at a great price, PRE-ORDER HERE.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey regnock, have you guys looked at getting Rever support? They are getting very popular and have offline mapping, plus BDR maps.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hey regnock, have you guys looked at getting Rever support? They are getting very popular and have offline mapping, plus BDR maps.
I have had a couple of conversations early on with them and there is some interest. They want to see the demand. I highly recommend reading out to them as well, it helps raise the priority.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts