R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
1,138 Posts
I've redirected the duplicate thread into the travel tales section. No need to have it in multiple sub-forums. It still shows up in general chatter but is redirected here.

·
Registered
26 Posts
View attachment 31520

I just completed a cross-country ride from Santa Barbara to Jacksonville. Along the way I took portraits of people I met and asked them to share a story. Created a book and also posted all on a blog: www.rickalbertson.com/blog/thereback
Really impressive! Loved the blog.
I've talked to people about their stories on several coast-to-coast trips in the past but never had the nerve (I guess) to ask them if I could photograph them. Nor did I ever think to write anything down afterwards. Bravo on your work!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really impressive! Loved the blog.
I've talked to people about their stories on several coast-to-coast trips in the past but never had the nerve (I guess) to ask them if I could photograph them. Nor did I ever think to write anything down afterwards. Bravo on your work!
Thanks. I’m a retired documentary photographer. This was a fun iPhone project. Made a book out of it, too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks. I’m a retired documentary photographer. This was a fun iPhone project. Made a book out of it, too.
I no longer carry a camera and just use my iPhone 11Pro. It seems to get pretty good image quality if I don't get a bunch of schmutz and pocket lint all over the lenses. You've inspired me to at least make a photo book of U.S. trips like I have for international forays. Nobody ever looks at the photos on my phone. :-(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts