R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this must’ve been asked a few times but the twist for me is that I’m looking for a more sport touring tire rather than 70/30 or 90/10. This is for a 2018 GS low suspension. Here’s the orig. tires that came with the bike. Lasted 6k miles on mostly touring and canyon rides.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
Try the Dunlop Mission, I'm really liking them after 1000 + miles

·
'05 R 1200 Gs
661 Posts
Love my Shinkos 705. Great mileage value. El cheapo price tag. BOGO free compared to Michelins.

·
Super Moderator
687 Posts
I know this must’ve been asked a few times but the twist for me is that I’m looking for a more sport touring tire rather than 70/30 or 90/10.
You might be better asking the R1200RT crowd for sport touring tire advice. Never a lack of posts and reviews on tires unless it is a new model.

Biggest decision is whether you think you'll ever hit gravel or hardpack...then a 90/10 may be a better choice than a sport touring tire.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Michelin Anakee 3 would seem to fit your pistol. They have a fairly smooth overall curve to them but with a little bit of cross gap for the infrequent dirt road.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Michelin Anakee 3 would seem to fit your pistol. They have a fairly smooth overall curve to them but with a little bit of cross gap for the infrequent dirt road.
Those were the oem tires that came with the bike. Was quite grippy on the street. Ended up with the Bridgestone battlax T31s. Let's see how long they last. Thanks for the recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Awesom Person
615 Posts
Those were the oem tires that came with the bike. Was quite grippy on the street. Ended up with the Bridgestone battlax T31s. Let's see how long they last. Thanks for the recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When your done sliding around on those Bridgestones put on a set of Roadsmarts. :)

·
Registered
843 Posts
If you can get some Pirelli Angel GT's to fit you won't be disappointed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts