R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the GS world does anyone have recommendations on what to include in the tool kit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome!

There is thread on this topic a couple of pages down that has some good info on this. I'd paste a link if I knew how, but found it using the search tool provided by this forum.

I've already got a tool chest full of tools, but if you are starting from scratch Advrider sells some tool rolls specifically for a given bike. Otherwise you have to keep track of what you use doing routine maintenance and use that list to pack up a bag 'o tools for a trip.

Day rides I've got my AAA Plus card and a cell phone.

·
Survivor
682 Posts
Jim Von Baden has a listing of tools by GS model on his website: jvbproductions.com

He errors on the side of carrying too much in my opinion, but a great place to start developing your own list. The prepackaged tool kits are badly overpriced.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I bought and use; https://www.mcssl.com/store/rrr-tool-solutions/rrr-adventure-tool-roll-set-torx-premium-hivis-yellow

So far so good. I've had to adjust a couple things on my GSA and all the tools I need were in the kit... I've also added a couple items to my "tool kit". A moto pump, tire irons, spare tube, patch tool kit.
I've got that same roll of tools from him.

I can't figure out how to use the ratchet with the sockets, wish he'd put a demo up of how each multi purpose tool is to be used.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts