R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
R1250GS 2021
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Portugal has just declared total lockdown for next 30 days because of the virus. My new R1250GS will be delivered to me in one week. Well, it will be long time spent in my garage installing all the accessories without any oportunity to ride the bike.
Damn... didn't count on that...

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
They won't even let you ride to get food at the market?

·
Registered
R1250GS 2021
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They would but I want to go ride to the mountains, not few streets away from my home.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Major part of season 2020 was the same for me, only permition was form home to work and from work to home. Known situation, but there is no possibility to be infinity...

·
Registered
R1250GS 2021
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem is that my work is 2 miles away from my home. So, that will not work as well.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Here in the UK it's snowing heavily at the moment so no riding anyway, but vaccines are happening at rapid rate. As soon as possible I will be back to Portugal.
Good luck with the new bike and see you on the other side.

·
Registered
R1250GS 2021
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Delivery of my new bike is scheduled for today. The problem is I can´t find anyone to give me a lift because everyone is freaking out with fear of the virus. I'll have to call a taxi and that will cost me around 40usd.
What the hell, that's the only way...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Good luck with the new bike, its to bad about the lock down, when my bike was delivered ( to my house ) there was 3 feet of snow on the ground. I spent a month playing with all the electronics and accessorizing it before I could get it out, it was a good way to get to know the bike...

·
Registered
721 Posts
We've had a very mild winter with many days in the mid 40's some in the 50's and 60's and I've missed them all with a broken foot. From 11/19 to 1/12 I was pretty much out of commission. It wasn't until last week have I been able to really start working on stuff in the garage again with a combination of knee scooter and crutches. Probably will be another 4 to 6 weeks until I am confident enough in my foot to go for a ride. 30 days ain't so bad :)

·
Registered
R1250GS 2021
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Funny thing happened. Took a cab to the dealer. Picked up the bike, rode home, parked in my garage. Started the huge job of mounting all the accessories as I bought the bike without anything, only base model. Calculated 3 days to finish.
As I started to fabricate support for my topbox I noticed something strange on the licence plate. I couldn't remember those letters and numbers from the paper I received by mail the day before. Went to look for the bike's documents and there it was. Licence plate number on the documents and licence plate itself were completely different. Thank God I saw it. It could be months of riding with wrong licence plate until police get me. It wouldn't be easy. So, phoned the dealer and they understood straight on. They mistakenly swapped the plates between two new bikes. Rode back, licence plate changed, then back home. At the end, it was 100 interesting miles today on new bike.
Two more days and I hope everything will be installed. Some things take more time then expected. Lower crash bars SW Motech took 2 hours to line everything up. Arrow slip-on exhaust has the hole on its bracket on wrong place. Had to drill new hole on the exhaust, etc, etc.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Funny thing happened. Took a cab to the dealer. Picked up the bike, rode home, parked in my garage. Started the huge job of mounting all the accessories as I bought the bike without anything, only base model. Calculated 3 days to finish.
As I started to fabricate support for my topbox I noticed something strange on the licence plate. I couldn't remember those letters and numbers from the paper I received by mail the day before. Went to look for the bike's documents and there it was. Licence plate number on the documents and licence plate itself were completely different. Thank God I saw it. It could be months of riding with wrong licence plate until police get me. It wouldn't be easy. So, phoned the dealer and they understood straight on. They mistakenly swapped the plates between two new bikes. Rode back, licence plate changed, then back home. At the end, it was 100 interesting miles today on new bike.
Two more days and I hope everything will be installed. Some things take more time then expected. Lower crash bars SW Motech took 2 hours to line everything up. Arrow slip-on exhaust has the hole on its bracket on wrong place. Had to drill new hole on the exhaust, etc, etc.
See......the universe is never lazy........it found a way for you to ride......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts