R1200GS Forum banner

tyre pressure monitoring system - Problem

7K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  weg-gsa 
#1 ·
I have a late 2009 R1200GS with the auto tyre pressure monitoring system. On a ride this weekend it started warning me about rapid tyre deflation. It lied! And the tyre pressures shown are out by +/_ .8 bar, more lies! How can I make all this lying stop?:confused:

#4 ·
Also underreading...

My '09 GS consistently under-reads air pressure by 0,2 bar.
This is not too far off, but the problem comes when I deflate for riding dirt roads.:(
The warning light comes on all the time and is most irritating...!

(The sensors cannot be adjusted or calibrated, I am told.
That's as much use as having udders on a bull !)

#5 ·
this explains it

when buying my 09 gsa,the olny option my dealer would not offer was the tpm (tire pressure monitering).this was something i really wanted.thier explanation was that when tires are softened for off-road low pressure warning overides computer showing fault only.that said bikes were not ordered with that.I like the feature on my chevy HHR but this issue makes a strike against it for the bike.Personally I am surprised how easy it is to feel soft tires on the bike ,its like loosing power steering. The gsa came with a constant slow leak.Dealer took care of it at 600 mi. service.:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.