R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
I had emailed the admins some time back that maybe they can add more moderators.......from different time zones so that atleast someone is awake when the spammers hit and they can be taken down. Didnt get any response from them.

·
Registered
654 Posts
@Pterodactyl ...Kevin, I felt the same way. I did take the advice to "ignore" our friendly spammer. I do not see his crap anymore. That's great! I also reported him and PM's the administrators and have had no reply. I really think we need a rule here like the K1600 forum, to require 3 posts and approval by admin before allowing new threads.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Im one of the moderators on the 1200gs forums on facebook! We were getting a lot of spam so the admins added a few moderators from around the world.
At any point of time atleast someone would be awake.....the crap is immediatley taken down and the forum has become usable!
Same can be done here.....

·
Not that senior.
699 Posts
You don't need our permission mate.

BYE

·
Registered
44 Posts
I took Krons advice and clicked "ignore" on the poster. Site is usable again! :)
That's a bandaid. It doesn't fix the problem that the site doesn't prevent spammers from getting a foothold.

A big part of my pre-retirement life was getting people to truly understand the concept of corrective action vs whack-a-mole. When I found a can of expired adhesive on the shop floor, they wanted to say "I got rid of it, problem solved". No, that problem was solved. Is there any more in this building? In other buildings? In the storeroom? Will your fix assure that the problem won't come back in 6 months?

·
Registered
2 Posts
This site has long been of dubious quality but is now a complete waste of time.
Well it saved my butt yesterday! Had a right cylinder vacuum hose blow off in a backfire, could figure out why my bike kept stalling. Easy fix thanks to a post on this forum🤸🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's a bandaid. It doesn't fix the problem...
A big part of my pre-retirement life was getting people to truly understand the concept of corrective action vs whack-a-mole.
Oh, I agree with you 100% and the admins should step up.
I (we) don't have the power to fix the site ourselves, but we do have the power to help a buddy out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Unfortunately, the new forum software and me just haven't figured out how to get along. I find myself going elsewhere more often. Appreciate the effort to upgrade, it's just not for me.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Everyone is unhappy.......would be sad to see all of you guys go.....This was the first site I joined before I got my GSA. Found it much better than advrider also....just the community here was more close knit I could say.
Would be absolutely sad to see this site go to waste.
Ive been spending more time on other forums too now.
I hope the admins listen....make a thread......asking what we the users would like to see and fix as much as they think is correct!
Just my 0.2 Paisas

1 - 17 of 17 Posts