R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After adjusting the valves, the piece in the picture was laying on the ground.
I have looked at the valve assembly diagram and cannot find this part. I do recall releasing one valve to the point where it kind of drooped.
Can anyone advise?
Thanks.
DSC06701.JPG

·
Super Moderator
579 Posts
I looked here and didn't see anything.
shop.maxbmw.com/fiche/DiagramsMain.aspx?vid=51732&rnd=07242017

·
Not that senior.
702 Posts
That is the circlip that holds the rocker arm back on the shaft after you have replaced the valve bucket shim

·
Not that senior.
702 Posts
as seen in this picture

Reactions: Phil8dirt

·
Registered
1 Posts
After adjusting the valves, the piece in the picture was laying on the ground.
I have looked at the valve assembly diagram and cannot find this part. I do recall releasing one valve to the point where it kind of drooped.
Can anyone advise?
Thanks. View attachment 26545
Looks like the circlip for the end of the rear brake foot pad that swivels to make the pad effectively higher when you stand.

·
Registered
24 Posts
A 2009 DOES NOT HAVE BUCKET AND SHIMS! Like others have said, look around else where to see if you can find a place for the circlip. It did not come from the valve adjustment procedure, good luck!

·
Not that senior.
702 Posts
research your vin number and engine number, and make sure that you actually have a 2009 motor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like the circlip for the end of the rear brake foot pad that swivels to make the pad effectively higher when you stand.
. I will look. Since the part was lying right below the motor and since the valve assembly on the 2009 does not have clips it is most likely the from the foot pad. Thank you buddym3

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A 2009 DOES NOT HAVE BUCKET AND SHIMS! Like others have said, look around else where to see if you can find a place for the circlip. It did not come from the valve adjustment procedure, good luck!
Yes! Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
. I will look. Since the part was lying right below the motor and since the valve assembly on the 2009 does not have clips it is most likely the from the foot pad. Thank you buddym3
Close. The circlip for the foot pad is around 7mm, my extra is 10mm. Best,V

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Close. The circlip for the foot pad is around 7mm, my extra is 10mm. Best,V
Checked every single circlip and the only place it may have come from is the upper or lower TIMING-VALVE TRAIN-TIMING CHAIN/
ciclip part # 8 , with the chain spitting it out as I rotated to top dead center. I hope not but does it seem possible?
Paranoia setting in.

·
Super Moderator
579 Posts
I don't see how the cam chain tensioner rod circlip could come off during a valve adjustment. If it did come off it would end up I'm the crankcase (my guess).

You could have your dealer see if they could get specs to that and compare to your part.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts