R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Vario Top Case for my R1200gs LC, and have a question about the OEM two part back rest pads offered by BMW. It looks to me that, once installed, if you remove the top case and wish to set it on the ground or some other surface, the pads will interfere with the case sitting properly. If anyone has the BMW OEM pads installed, would you care to comment. Can you set the case down on a level surface, or do the pads come in contact with the ground, causing the case to sit at an angle? Thanks.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I recently purchased a Vario Top Case for my R1200gs LC, and have a question about the OEM two part back rest pads offered by BMW. It looks to me that, once installed, if you remove the top case and wish to set it on the ground or some other surface, the pads will interfere with the case sitting properly. If anyone has the BMW OEM pads installed, would you care to comment. Can you set the case down on a level surface, or do the pads come in contact with the ground, causing the case to sit at an angle? Thanks.
I always set mine flat on the ground as it is on the bike!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, but I prefer to use the handle, like a suitcase, which sets the case handle side up. Hence the question to see if the pads would prevent that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I kind of figured as much, looking at the pictures. I know some have only used the middle pad, leaving the top pad off. Said it is more comfortable that way. I think I'll let the wife try it without the pads for a while. See what she says. She doesn't ride on the back that much any way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts