R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For a first effort it’s not bad, but I think the color is kind of “eh”. Perhaps something brighter.

·
Riding a 2009 R1200gs
587 Posts
If the 4 painted parts were 'fully' wrapped in that green vinyl, giving it a military mood, Ural-style that would have been cool and distinctive.

My 2009 GS is the same silverish-gray and I'm thinking about having it wrapped for the same reason... too much gray !

·
Registered
5 Posts
I decided to dabble in vinyl wrapping as well on a "new to me" 2005 R1200GS. As it is easily peeled off, I got the orange from a shop and ordered the carbon fiber from Amazon. Despite the difficult (impossible?) angles, I did the beak and tank center in CF and the Jessie bags in the orange. I then used 2 inch orange diamond reflective tape on the bags. It is the new Orange (and Black!)
Land vehicle Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Riding a 2009 R1200gs
587 Posts
Congratulations on wrapping the 'beak' I have tried and... abandonned the idea, too many angles. Great skill you've shown here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
close up of beak, please

Javvy
If you are speaking of my Carbon Fiber and orange 2006 GS, you would be disappointed. No way to achieve without three pieces and darts to flatten out the application. A less stiff vinyl than the CF might improve the next go round. It looks REAL good cruising along at 60 mph however. :LOL:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts