R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can visually tell the difference from a standard 1200GS to one that has the lowered suspension? If anyone has photos that would be great.

I'm leaning toward lowering the suspension but keeping the seat standard for comfort, but I dont want a bike that looks lowered.

I've got a 31" inseam. For paved roads the tippy toes are fine but off road that could cause issues. On my MX bike (35" seat height:eek:) i could barely touch but you were not suppost to put you foot down in MX. I'm figuring the GS will require a different style of riding so I need to get those feet down;).

·
Free Genie
395 Posts
With a 31" inseam, you should be fine with just a low seat. I'm at least an inch less that you in inseam and that works for me.

Lowered bikes are always too much of a compromise - less suspension travel and less ground clearance so that you'll drag footpegs, side and centre stands and possibly even cylinder heads :)eek:) in the twisties.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have you bought one yet?

Hi BigDog, Have you bought a GS yet?? If not, just get one brother and work it all out later, man you are FROTHIN HARD and I mean really hard...:D:D

does all the different questions just keep flying around in your head?
all the what ifs and should I and I wonder, if so, don't worry because you are just Frothin Out and a sure fix is to just get the GS in your toy shop (garage) and then work it all out later....

If you DO have a GS in your toy shop, please disregard the abovemention as I am a True Frother and I am frothin hard all the time.... TC;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts