R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a replacement for a cast front rim on a 2014 R1200GS, hit a pothole and damaged the rim beyond repair.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm looking for a replacement for a cast front rim on a 2014 R1200GS, hit a pothole and damaged the rim beyond repair.
This happened to my RT and it holds air I would use a short stock of 2x4 and single jack hammer to pound it out. It worked for me, 3 years already 2016 RT

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
'14 R1200 GS Adv "Freya"
114 Posts
Woodys Wheel Works can easily repair that wheel for a lot Le$$ than you will pay for a used replacement.

Send them the picture, they will send you a quote. They are great people to deal with!

·
Registered
752 Posts
I had an 1987 K100RS with a similar dent and rode it that way for years. If it holds air, ride on!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd be interested in buying your old rim if you want to sell it when you get a new one.
I ended up buying a new rim from Bloodworth in Nashville-out the door for $1500 (mounted, balanced) , the old rim held air so I don't think it's too badly damaged, are you still looking?

·
Registered
140 Posts
That wheel is no where near close to being un-repairable. Any reputable wheel shop will have that straight and true in no time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm going to offer it up for sale, what do you think it's worth?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Figure on the buyer spending $300 on the repair and another $80 shipping to a from the repair shop. Honestly I'd cover costs packaging and shipping for the damaged wheel nothing more. At $250 + shipping your better off buying a $500 wheel in good condition and not be hassled with the repair.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts