R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m interested in getting a cast front wheel (dark version) for my 2017 r1200gs. I’m experimenting with tire noise and causes, so I don’t want to spend too much. I need it to be straight (undamaged). A local sale would be best - I’m outside Boston.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Do you have the Michelin Anakee's on it? They are known to be very noisy. I got rid of them quickly. Sounded like a high-rev bike was riding near me. I changed to the Pirelli Scorpion Trail II on mine - suits my needs well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have the Michelin Anakee's on it? They are known to be very noisy. I got rid of them quickly. Sounded like a high-rev bike was riding near me. I changed to the Pirelli Scorpion Trail II on mine - suits my needs well.
I had Anakee III's when I bought it used - liked the street handling - hated the noise. Changed to Dunlop Missions - worse street handling, not great on gravel, probably better in wet dirt and mud - less noisy, Changed to Dunlop Mutants - best compromise so far - great on road, wet road, gravel, round rocks - not happy in mud or wet dirt - improved noise, but still bad. Added o-ring dampers to spokes - much improved noise, but still howls a bit on some roads. Trying the cast wheels is mostly to satisfy my engineering curiosity. If I don't find a matching wheel, I'll probably sell the rear that I bought. Anyone want to trade a good left Vario case for a cast rear wheel (2017 gs)?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts