R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 R1200GSA
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please pardon for this basic question. I see that some GS models are specified by HP, TE, and Rallye postfixes. Would you please explain to me these the options/equipment which come with the postfixes compared to standard GS or GSA? And any other postfixes besides the above three? Thank you for your help

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Some are country specific....I think TE is only in Europe. We dont have it in India.
The Rally edition is available here and has the following differences
GS Rally-
1) Has a rally seat
2) Radiator Guards
3) No Center Stand
4) Small windshield ( Smaller than the stock GS)
5) Color Scheme rally-basically white and blue and stripes.

GSA Rally-
1) Has a rally seat
2) Radiator Guards
3) GS windshield
4) Color Scheme rally-basically white and blue and stripes.

Now both these Rally editions can be ordered with a "Passenger Kit" which will make them stock GS/GSA i.e have normal seats and normal windshields and also the GS will have the center stand.

The style HP is basically the GS/GSA rally model.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think TE stands for Travel Edition, essentially a full spec GS or GSA including all the packages and this is a European only model
The Rallye is a style of GS or GSA, specific white, red and blue coloring, bench style seat, and lowered screen. There are 4 styles available at the moment, Triple Black, Rallye, the 40th Anniversary, black and yellow look and the Ice Gray version.
HP stands for High Performance and there are specific HP Enduro Models that look very different to the GS
Everything for sport: Fascination High Performance.

·
Registered
368 Posts
The BMW GS series of one purpose off-road/on-road BMW motorcycles have been produced from 1980, when the R80G/S was launched, to the present day. The GS refers to either Gelände/Straße (German: off-road/road) or Gelände Sport.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts