R1200GS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Decisions on whats next

So far Touratech headlight guard, GSA foot pegs, SW-Motech upper & lower crash bars. Now thinking about lights. :confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
As much as I hate to say it, I washed it. With all the rain the south has been getting and blasting a few forest service roads it was getting
a bit nasty.

·
Older Junior Member
1 Posts
Installed a Remus header on my O6. She only has 4000 miles and I'm the second owner. Bought the header from an inmate over at ADV. Sent it to Jet Hot had them coat it first.
Fit great, my LV can bolted right on. Sounds pretty darn good with db thing in..... Bet it wound be waaaay to loud with it out. I think it might pop a little on decel. Have booster plug in too. Too cold to test ride. 14 degrees.
Bought a harbor freight table lift about a yr ago. Guys you gotta get one of theses. Get them on sale around $250. Only way to work on these bikes!!
Oil change and filter while skid plate off.
Plugs and valve adjust next !!

Thx from the noob ! Great board !
Cal

·
Registered
781 Posts
the other day, went for a ride only to find a 1.25" sheet metal screw taking residence in my rear tire. Plugged it.:mad:

Yesterday, finally mounted the Valentine 1 to the gps prep bar using a Tech-Mount ball mirror mount. Let's see if it holds tightly enough.
That gps prep bar is VERY smooth and things seems to slide easily on it? I put some bicycle inner tube between the mount and the bar for protection and grip.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Did you find it?

I got home after a 3 day trip and started unloading my bike and found my right case was missing. It was a hard ride with lots of heavy wind, but the roads were okay. Not only did I lose my Touratech case, I figure I had at least $500 worth of tools and gear in it.

I didn't feel or hear anything, it's so darn baffeling. I had stopped for fuel about 100 miles before and checked all the straps, everything was in good shape at the time.

I'm going to back track tomorrow and hope I'm lucky. Now I need to come up with a safety system to make sure it doesn't happen again.
So how did it go? Did you manage to find it?

Kennif

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just ordered the Dynamic Motored LED signal bulb kit (all four signal bulbs), and upon checking out, says to enter coupon code.

So I did a google for codes, and found they had offered a 20% off code back in Jan 2015...which still worked today!!! (Jan 2016). So if you are on the fence and 20% off will push you over to the purchase, enter BMWMOA into the coupon code, and it drops the order by 20%

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just ordered the Dynamic Motored LED signal bulb kit (all four signal bulbs), and upon checking out, says to enter coupon code.

So I did a google for codes, and found they had offered a 20% off code back in Jan 2015...which still worked today!!! (Jan 2016). So if you are on the fence and 20% off will push you over to the purchase, enter BMWMOA into the coupon code, and it drops the order by 20%
I wish I'd known about the code, darn! I love their products and highly recommend their bright little bulbs!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I took mine out of the garage into the driveway that I had finally managed to clear after two and a half months of ice cake, rode it in figure eights for ten minutes and put it away till spring. :(

·
Ready for Adventure!
12 Posts
Listed it for sale :S

·
Registered
781 Posts
^^^^
:frown2:

I soldered the trigger wire for the PDM60 to the taillight wire, replacing the quick connect thing
I moved the belken rockstar mixer and the audio accessory volume control box, for my Valentine 1, to make them more accessible, both remaining under the pillion seat.
I tried the high front position for my low seat low suspension. It made the seat to peg distance more comfortable, but seat height too high. Went back to low position.

Next I am going to play with the grip height, by rotating the handlebars to achieve a less upright position.

21 - 40 of 124 Posts