R1200GS Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Not much of a car guy. I prefer to spend my money on Motorcycles. Living here in Colorado a vehicle with 4 wheels is a necessity. So I drive a first year Toyota FJ Cruiser. Great vehicle that gets me anywhere I need to go and reliable as all heck. It's utility came in handy a couple years a go when a friend dumped his ADV bike up by Buena Vista and broke his leg. Had to take my FJ off-road with a single-bike trailer to retrieve it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
A highly-modified 07 Xterra (I've done 9-10 trips out to Moab, UT and wheeled it pretty hard) and I've got a 1970 MGB that needs a down-to-metal restoration, but technically, it does run.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My car

2017 VW Golf R. Six speed (love being an involved driver), AWD, every option, practical, stealth appearance (it just a Golf on steroids) and goes like a bat out of hell when you need it to.

·
Senile Member on 2006 GS
263 Posts
'09 Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor. Nice, practical car. Pulls my boat with ease, which was the main reason for buying it. Good performance, and surprisingly decent handling for a big tub (remember the police package includes taller/stiffer suspension, plus much fatter sway bars at both ends; do NOT try to drive the civilian model at a brisk pace on a twisty road). Rubber-and-plastic interior that can be pressure-washed if somebody pukes or bleeds in the back seat. And the things run forever--typical life of a P71 is 100K miles as a squad car, followed by twice that as a taxi. Mine has all of 90K; and at the rate I don't drive (maybe 6-7K a year) it'll probably outlast me. Good. Leaves more money to pay for motorcycle trips.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts